Since the company was founded in 1925, Paul Maschinenfabrik GmbH & Co. KG has become a worldwide leader in the manufacture of woodworking machinery and machines for the production of prestressed concrete.
We employ a total workforce of 285, making us one of the major employers and training centres in the district of Biberach.
Our company aim was and still is to open up new markets and to be in the forefront with cutting-edge concepts. With a worldwide export ratio of 80% we assume a leading position in global markets with both of our product divisions of woodworking machinery and prestressed concrete production systems. Our machines are found in almost all the countries of the world.
Naturally, we train, support and advise our sales partners in all aspects on site. In addition, we provide service and spare parts supply spread over the whole operating lifetime of the machine. A very high vertical depth of production coupled with a highly qualified workforce and many years of experience provide our customers with the assurance of an optimum supply of materials and outstanding quality – at all times and everywhere around the world.
Export rate: ca. 80%
Production area: 37.000 qm
Total area: 120.000 qm
Die Paul Maschinenfabrik vereint zwei Marken unter ihrem Dach: Paul und Reinhardt. Die Marke Paul steht für innovative Maschinen, Anlagen und Systeme in der Kreissäge-Technik und der Spanntbeton-Technik. 2014 übernimmt Paul den ehemaligen Wettbewerber Reinhardt und baut seither auch Kreissägen dieser Marke.
Commissioning of the largest stand-alone machine investment in the company's history to date. With the machining center, machine frames and other very large components can be machined flexibly and with high precision with only one clamping.
Paul takes over the company Reinhardt Maschinenbau in Rottweil-Neukirch which was established in 1919. Since 1st June 2014 the company is a part of Paul Maschinenfabrik GmbH & Co. KG. The early concentration on cutting solid wood made Reinhardt one of the leading manufacturers of cross-cut systems and automation.
In cooperation with the company DaSTec PAUL enters the strand lifting technology sector. The two cooperation partners offer everything that is needed for lifting, lowering and moving heavy loads: extensive know-how and high-quality products.
The extension of the PAUL headquarters in Dürmentingen to a total production area of 37,000 square meters is completed. By moving the apprentices’ training workshop and some of the production departments into the new building space problems have been solved. The heating control system in the new building, a field that is new to the company, was developed by PAUL in-house.
In the 90's that the parent plant in Dürmentingen was no longer adequate for meeting the demands of the market in a suitable manner: Paul recognised the signs and, in 1999, started building a new factory in the Dürmentingen industrial zone. The Paul Company is celebrating its 75th. Company Jubilee. The General Manager of Paul, Werner Paul received the IHK Ulm Jubilee Diploma from IHK General Manager Otto Sälzle.
Paul steadily enlarged its factory area in Dürmentingen and, at the end of the 70´s moved a part of it´s production to Riedlingen, where manufacturing still takes place today. In 1975, both factories employed 180 people on a production area of 11500 square meters.
First machines and accessories were built for the different processes in the production of prestressed concrete. The second division was born: The Prestressed Concrete Technology. In 1959 PAUL delivered the first single-wire stressing jack for the production of HP roof shells with the then revolutionary two-button operation, and, with this development, laid the foundation stone of a successful future.
After World War 2, his two sons, Odilo and Berthold, came into the business. In 1948, they developed and built together the first double-edging circular saw, which became an immediate success.
The PAUL success story began in 1925 when Max Paul installed a mechanical workshop in his father's house in Dürmentingen. He also operated a braided straw rope and seaweed spinning mill, a bicycle and sewing machine business and the municipal laundry. It was here that Max Paul also started production of special machines for the production of whips. Max Paul was the founder and the managing director from 1925 up to 1960.